Small Town Living
Small town living means…
- You cannot leave your house without seeing someone that you know from somewhere.
- You meet someone new who has your hair style, works with your brother, and has the same name as your sister-in-law.
- It takes less than 10 minutes to drive across town.
- People who aren’t from here may have heard it mentioned once before in a conversation they had a long time ago…with someone that you happen to know.
- Whenever you drive to a bigger city to go shopping, you inevitably still see people you know.
- When you see someone that you haven’t seen in a while, you know they’re just visiting, and so you ask, “How long are you in for?”
- There’s only one highway that passes through town, taking you to bigger and better places.
- Your closest friends are the people you’ve known since junior high.
- Your English teacher invites you and your class over to her house for pizza, years after you’ve graduated simply because you all dressed up like literary characters and made her a personalized scrapbook as a good bye present when you graduated.
- The grocery store is the best place to go if you want to be seen by everyone you’ve ever met, and their mothers’ boyfriends’ nephew’s girlfriend, who just so happens to be that girl in high school that you couldn’t stand.