Ten Texas Trip Highlights
Hi Ya’ll! After a week away, my persistent cough and I have returned to Washington. Today marks my grandmother’s 95th birthday and only the second one where I haven’t been there with her to say “Happy Birthday” complete with a hug and a card. I’m sad to be missing her birthday, but I will hopefully see her in three short months when I return to my hometown for an interim period between AmeriCorps and “the next step”, whatever that means. For now, I bring you highlights from my week away.
1. Beautiful views from airplanes, especially those in Washington and Utah.
2. Getting to see one of my best friends for an entire week.
3. Figuring out a city by foot and by bus, and being in a city where it’s possible to rely on public transit.
5. Eating at food trucks.
6. Visiting the UT campus and learning more about a prospective graduate program
7. Seeing random and eclectic parts of Austin that are unique to the city.
8. The taste of cool desserts after a hot day of wandering around the city.
9. Understanding that there truly is something for everyone in Austin.
10. Getting another stamp in my National Parks passport at a mission in San Antonio that took nearly two hours to walk to from the downtown tourist center.