The Daily Post 2

Topic #201:

What would it take to get you to move? If someone you trusted offered you $1000 to move to a different city, would that be enough? More? Or would you need other things (the promise of friends or better weather?) What would they need to offer you before you’d instantly say yes?

Ah, such a timely question. As I plan on doing hope to move to a new city this in a few weeks, I’ve got to say that this question has bounced around my mind more in the past month than at any other time in my life. I never imaged that I would consider leaving California. California has everything that I could possibly want. Family, friends, gorgeous weather and every kind of natural scenery one could desire. Cali and I have many years worth of history together, and almost all of it is good. And yet, even though I consider California the perfect place to live, I don’t think that I will be living here in another month. Behind my desire to leave this wonderful place is a desire to see more of the world, to meet new people and experience new things, and to get over my “California-centric” view of the world. But I still want to be somewhat spoiled. I am hesitant to move to a place with bad weather. I ultimately made the decision of where to attend college based on the weather and the campus’ greenery, so why should I toss the climate out of the equation now? I want to live in a place where the weather is fairly mild a majority of the time, and where snow is rather minimal in the winter. Sigh. That narrows down my choices considerably. I would like to live in a place that has a college of some kind, where I could continue my own learning at some point, or simply because I enjoy interacting with people who enjoy learning. But, the biggest factor in all of this right now is that I want to go to a place where I can find employment that will give me a taste of something related to my experience, but takes me a different direction than where I had planned things before my world turned upside down and I realized that trying to make plans that would involve longtime stability would severely limit the potential for having amazing experiences in my life. However, for now, even though I am ready and willing to go when an offer is extended, I’m still waiting for that offer, so for now, I guess I’m stuck with my California sun.